Day 8: Match Day at Point High

Today the boys said their goodbyes to their hosts and thanked them with a gift, something quintessentially British. The coach was loaded with suitcases but delayed by Ben S who left his hand luggage with his home stay family! Luckily they didn’t live too far away. We eventually set off to Jo’Berg Airport where we were to continue our tour on a flight south to George.

Upon arrival to George, we made our way straight to Point High School in Mooslebai (sp) to play our 2nd lot of matches in 48 hours. The backdrop for a game of rugby was impressive, clear skies, the ocean and mountains in full view.


Both matches started at 3pm. The two games were tough, physical matches, however the knocks, niggles and injuries the boys were carrying didn’t help us. The matches didn’t go our way with the U16s losing 38-5 and U17A&B’s losing 34-5. Ravens Wood man of the matches went to Joe Davis and Kai Pearce-Paul.

It was clear to see playing two matches in a row took a toll on our boys, it’s a good thing they have a few days rest before their final matches on Tuesday.

Once again, the school had organised post-match hospitality where the boys ‘Number 1’s’ were on show again, their staff were impressed. Speeches from the headmaster and coaches opened the evening along with the exchange of gifts before dinner was served. The meal was chicken, rice, potato and pumpkin, it certainly fed the boys well.

We then set off to our hotel in the waterfront town of Knynsa which took around an hour and 30 minutes. Some of the boys caught a second wind and did their best Jay-Z impressions at the back of the bus. We settled into the hotel around 9pm and the boys surrendered to their rooms to drown themselves in Wi-Fi.

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the security word shown in the picture. Click on the picture to hear an audio file of the word.
Anti-spam image